cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dial peer cor list

dbritoosis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to configure our cisco router to have any calls that originate from internal extension 37xx to use a certain dial peer and append the digits 1720 in front of any 7 digit number dialed. I opened a tac case and the config below is what they came up with.  However, I am still a bit confused on how this is working.

For dial-peer 6 what is going to keep other internal users from using this dial peer?  And if I had to add more users, for example lets say users that extensions began with 44xx to this do I just add dial-peer cor list user-44?

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^9\(.*\)/ /1720\1/
!        
!        
voice translation-profile local-call
translate called 1

dial-peer cor list user
!
dial-peer cor list user-37
member pri-030

dial-peer voice 6 pots
corlist outgoing port-030
translation-profile outgoing local-call
preference 6
destination-pattern 9.......
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
port 0/3/0:23
forward-digits all
!        
dial-peer voice 4002 voip
corlist incoming user-37
destination-pattern 710.......
voice-class codec 1
voice-class h323 1
session target ipv4:10.11.9.20
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
no vad

Thanks,

Debbie

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does it work for you?

At first look, it shouldn't.

No it does not work.  Is this even possible to do, create a cor list to allow only a certain branch to use

a certain PRI.  I have been working with TAC all day on this and still cannot get this to do what I need it to do.

What I need is to either by calling phone number (either the sites 4 digit ext of 37xx or by its main number from the PRI) is to tell the router any call coming from this site use PRI 0/3/0.  Can this be done?  I dont want any of our other sites to use this PRI. Only calls coming from this one branch.

Thanks,

Debbie

Yes, this is the standard method, using called number manipulation:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801c0a88.shtml

There is also a method using cor list, but apparent tac didn't got the twists of it (it's based on answer-address as well)

ideal-brian
Level 1
Level 1

Debbie

I am assuming that port 0/3/0:23 is the T1 that you wish your 37xx users to use and you have another port say 0/2/0:23 for the remaining users.

I am also assuming that you wish all the 37xx calls to go out this port and that only the local 7-digit numbers require the area code 1720 as a prefix. Lastly i have asumed that you are using 9 as the PSTN access-digit.

The first task is to create the voice transalation-rule with the following command

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(^9.......$\)/ /1720\1/

voice translation-profile 7-digit

translate called 1

This should only add the area code to any 7-digit numbers with a 9 as a prefix. Any numbers beginning with 9 with more than 7 digits should not match and will thus not have the prefix applied.

The next task is to define the COR groups and create the COR lists with the following commands

dial-peer cor custom

name 37xx

name std

dial-peer cor list local37

member 37xx

dial-peer cor list standard

member std

These commands have created to COR's. the first 37xx wil be used for the 3700 numbers and the std group will be used for everything else.

The two lists define

All that is lft is to apply the COR lists to the dial peers

remember there is an incoming and and outgoing dial-peer for every call leg. In your case, the incoming dial-peer is managed by the ephone-dn command so you will need to add the command 'cor incoming 37xx' to every ephone-dn you wish to use this port for 7-digit numbering.

You will also need to create the outgoing dial-peer as follows:-

dial-peer voice 3700 pots

destination-pattern 9.T

translation-profile 7-digit incoming

corlist outgoing local37

dial-peer voice 9 pots

destination-pattern 9.T

corlist standard

port 0/2/0:23

This should work but remember, once you start to define COR's you will need to make sure you have the correct access lists for all your users otherwise, you may find some users being blocked.

Hope this helps

ideal-brian
Level 1
Level 1

Debbie

Sorry translation rule is incorrect. it should have been

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(^9\)\(.......$\)/ /91720\2/

that what you get for creating configs on the fly

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

although COR list is the most common way to be used

But i agree with Paolo that answer-address option will be more simple in your case for example :

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^379\(.*\)/ /1720\1/

voice translation-rule 2
rule 1 /^9\(.*\)/ /371720\1/

!        
!        
voice translation-profile local-call
translate called 1

voice translation-profile calling37
translate called 2

dial-peer voice 37 voip

answer-address 37..                     -----  this will be the incoming dialpeer for lines start with 37

translation-profile incoming calling37      -----prepped 37 to the called number to enforced to use dial-peer 61 as the outgoing dialpeer

dial-peer voice 61 pots
translation-profile outgoing local-call
destination-pattern 379.......      ----- make sure that the number of dots same as the number of dialed numbers!
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
forward-digits all

if you get any error first think to check is the resulted number from the both dial-peers above i left the forward digits all as you already have translation in the outgoing direction to prepped 1720 and remove 379

if the 9 required to be sent as part of the called number like 91720..... then add it to the translation rule 1 :

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^379\(.*\)/ /91720\1/

try it and let us know i think this is simple one

good luck

if helpful Rate

All,

Just in case anyone is curious, I did find a work around to this.  What we wound up doing was to modify the route pattern in call manager to add 00 to the Called Party Transformation so that would signal the correct PRI on the router.   We then modified the dial-peer as follows:

dial-peer voice 6 pots

destination-pattern 00[2-9]......

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

prefix 1937

Thanks for all the responses!

Debbie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: