cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS OID in Ciscoworks

Ian Beck
Level 1
Level 1

I have several WAAS units all WAE-512-K9 which are listed in  RME device supported by Cisco Works, all running 4.1.X and above

How ever they have an OID:xx.9.1.760 where as Cisco Works only supports OID:xx.9.1.759 & 776. So the units are "unknown" in Ciscoworks. Are the Units that different.

Is there any way to update the OID to get the units fully supported by CiscoWorks to enable monitoring.

RME is 4.2.0

Thanks

18 Replies 18

Ian Beck
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry RME is 4.3.0

No, this device is not yet supported, and I do not have an ETA on when support will be available.  I have, however, requested support get added.

Thanks Jo

What version of code is this device running?  There is a question about whether this is an FE-512-K9 running WAFS code (which is EoL).  The OE-512-K9 version should be supported now in RME.

Hi Jo,

Here is the info of the device any further info please let me know :

UKHSL-WAAS01#sh inv

PID: WAE-512-K9 VID: 0 SN: KQZ6637
UKHSL-WAAS01#sh ver
Cisco Wide Area Application Services Software (WAAS)
Copyright (c) 1999-2009 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco Wide Area Application Services Software Release 4.1.5b (build b7 Oct 27 2009)
Version: fe512-4.1.5b.7

Compiled 19:29:00 Oct 27 2009 by cnbuild

System was restarted on Sun Dec 13 14:52:41 2009.
The system has been up for 4 weeks, 1 day, 20 hours, 29 minutes, 23 seconds.

UKHSL-WAAS01#

Thanks

This code is certainly not EoL.  I'm rechecking with development for support.

Hi Jo,

Just to provide you with some info here.

When we purchased our WAAS units, Cisco had just announced WAAS so we where right in the middle of WAFS and WAAS, going WAAS on the implementation and I have been maintaining it ever since.

Thanks

Hi Jo,

Thought I would also add this snmpwalk of one of my units show the OID number, all units are the same.

SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Wide Area Application Services Software Hardware Version: fe512-4.1.5b.7
Cisco Wide Area Application Services Software Software Release 4.1.5b (build b7 Oct 27 2009)
SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.1.760
DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = Timeticks: (275685900) 31 days, 21:47:39.00
SNMPv2-MIB::sysContact.0 = STRING: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SNMPv2-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SNMPv2-MIB::sysLocation.0 = STRING: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SNMPv2-MIB::sysServices.0 = INTEGER: 72
IF-MIB::ifNumber.0 = INTEGER: 4
IF-MIB::ifIndex.1 = INTEGER: 1
IF-MIB::ifIndex.2 = INTEGER: 2
IF-MIB::ifIndex.3 = INTEGER: 3
IF-MIB::ifIndex.4 = INTEGER: 4
IF-MIB::ifDescr.1 = STRING: GigabitEthernet2/0
IF-MIB::ifDescr.2 = STRING: GigabitEthernet1/0
IF-MIB::ifDescr.3 = STRING: Standby1
IF-MIB::ifDescr.4 = STRING: lo
IF-MIB::ifType.1 = INTEGER: ethernetCsmacd(6)
IF-MIB::ifType.2 = INTEGER: ethernetCsmacd(6)
IF-MIB::ifType.3 = INTEGER: other(1)
IF-MIB::ifType.4 = INTEGER: softwareLoopback(24)
IF-MIB::ifMtu.1 = INTEGER: 1500
IF-MIB::ifMtu.2 = INTEGER: 1500
IF-MIB::ifMtu.3 = INTEGER: 1500
IF-MIB::ifMtu.4 = INTEGER: 16436
IF-MIB::ifSpeed.1 = Gauge32: 1000000000
IF-MIB::ifSpeed.2 = Gauge32: 1000000000
IF-MIB::ifSpeed.3 = Gauge32: 0
IF-MIB::ifSpeed.4 = Gauge32: 0

Yeah, this appears to be a file engine running WAAS code which should be supportable.  I am still talking with development.

Open a service request with TAC requesting WAAS help to change the sysObjectID.  Have your engineer contact me directly, and I will put them in touch with a developer that can change the hardware cookie to get this WAE to advertise the OE-512 sysObjectID.  That will make it manageable via RME.

Note: the procedure will require that you allow a WebEx session so the developer can access your device directly.  Downtime will be involved.

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the reply, I only have one concern in that your reply implys that I have one unit, when in fact I have 7 units all with the same issue. As they where all brought at the same time.

The other issue will be getting time on each Server.

If the Developer is ok to plan the changes over a period, I will proceed.

Many thanks

Ian

The developer seemed to indicate that he would help given one affected device.  I've asked if he can assist with the changing of seven.

Hi Jo,

Thought that might be the case.

Many thanks

Good news, you should be able to do this yourself using the WAAS recovery CD.  See the steps under option 3 at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v413/configuration/guide/maint.html#wp1105207 .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: