Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot find ip address of slm2048

mariecambon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I just set up a Linksys SLM2048 and it's working fine, but I want to go into the web-based utility and I cannot find the IP address...I've used various network discovery tools, nmap, etc, and I've tried arp and fping, because I know what the MAC address is, but it's not coming up, and it doesn't show up on our Windows 2003 DHCP server. I don't have access to the router tables, but can contact the company that manages our router. Any suggestions? (there is no serial port on this switch).

Thanks,

Marie Cambon

3 Replies 3

ansalaza
Level 1
Level 1

THanks Ansalaza...but I tried that as per the documentation, and 1.254  but it must be getting an ip address from dhcp, but doesn't show up in our dhcp server....may possibly be coming from the router, but I need the access info to get to that....so that's probably what i'll have to do...just thought I'd see if there was another way because sometimes the people are slow to get back to me...

thanks

marie

Thanks, problem solved....duh....the default of 192.168.1.254 is a different subnet than our network, and the switch was not receiving a dhcp assigned ip, so I went in through a laptop connect to the switch with the a static ip of the same default subnet...

thanks,

Marie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card