Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need IPPM configuration steps

Hi All,

Could any one please let me know the IP phone messenger configuration steps in CUCM and CUPS.

I am using CUPS 7.0.1 and CUCM 7.0.2.

Please advice.

Thanks

Aravind

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have a TAC case (sr612987917) on that exact behavior. After a significant amount of log investigation, TAC decided it was a route/switch problem because CUPS was generating the response XML within milliseconds. You'll need to look at your wireless and wired infrastructure first.

For example, in my case I had to change the load balancing on the WLC and CUPS switches to use src-dst-ip for load balancing. The customer hasn't been able to reproduce it since I made the changes. This isn't to say that there is not a problem in CUPS, I just haven't been able to demonstrate otherwise since correcting the network config.

Note that in my customer example they were using 7925 phones and not IP Communicator. Depending on what the problem is, such as load balancing, it is conceivable that it is affecting you the same way.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have configured the CUCM and CUPS as per the document and when I select IPPM service by pressing services button, its either taking lot of time to request for PIN or the window hungs in requesting state. Once I enter the PIN, the window again hungs in requesting state and nothing comes after that.

I verified the system troubleshooter and found the configs to be correct.

I am using Cisco IP Communicator for testing and both CUCM and CUPS are running on VMware.

Please advice

Thanks

Aravind

I have a TAC case (sr612987917) on that exact behavior. After a significant amount of log investigation, TAC decided it was a route/switch problem because CUPS was generating the response XML within milliseconds. You'll need to look at your wireless and wired infrastructure first.

For example, in my case I had to change the load balancing on the WLC and CUPS switches to use src-dst-ip for load balancing. The customer hasn't been able to reproduce it since I made the changes. This isn't to say that there is not a problem in CUPS, I just haven't been able to demonstrate otherwise since correcting the network config.

Note that in my customer example they were using 7925 phones and not IP Communicator. Depending on what the problem is, such as load balancing, it is conceivable that it is affecting you the same way.

Jonathan,

Thanks for the advice. I will check my LAN infrastructure first and will let you know the status.

Thanks

Aravind

Jonathan,

I moved my PC from wireless to wired and now i am able to use IPPM with out any issues.

Thanks for you help

Aravind

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: