cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco switch 4507 reboot

SHAIHAN JAFFREY
Level 1
Level 1

yesterday all of sudden cisco 4507 switch rebooted. Following is the partial output of show version command

Cisco IOS Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500-IPBASEK9-M), version 12.2(37)SG1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

ROM: 12.2(31r)SG2

Dagobah Revision 226, Swamp Revision 34

System returned to ROM by abort at PC 0X0

System image file is "bootflash:cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-37.SG1.bin"

Any suggestions for this unexpected reboot of swtich.

7 Replies 7

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

This would have to go to the TAC.

Has this happened before ?

When was the last time you upgraded IOS ?

No, never happened before.

I haven't upgraded the IOS since deployment almost two years.

regards,

Shaihan

Can you find any crashinfo file?  If so, can you post it?

I believe that Leo is on the right track in asking about crasinfo files. I believe that there is a good indicator in the original post:

System returned to ROM by abort at PC 0X0

I would guess that this points at a software error, but without additional details it is not possible for us to determine whether it was software error or hardware. If the device is under maintenance then I would suggest that you open a TAC case about this. If it is not possible to open a TAC case then perhaps if the original poster would post the entire output of show version we might be able to offer better advice.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I've attached Crashinfo file. The device is not under maintainance.

regards,

Shaihan

Looks like you could have a memory allocation error and possibly due to the fact that the appliance have been up and running for a number of years on an ancient IOS. 

Troubleshooting Memory Problems
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_tech_note09186a00800a6f3a.shtml

Error Message    C4K_SWITCHMANAGER-4-S2WERRORREPORT: PimEthAutoNeg: S2w Read/Write
Error for port [char].

Explanation A read/write error occurred on the specified port.

Recommended Action    Refer to the release notes to verify whether you can see all the symptoms described for CSCef87815. If you do not and do not see any adverse effect on the functionality of the PoE linecards (WS-X4248-RJ45V, WS-X4248-RJ21V, WS-X4548-RJ45V, WS-X4224-RJ45V or WS-X4524-RJ45V), then treat this message an informational message only and no action is required.

i m using ios cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-37.SG1.bin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: