Helpful
Replies

Urgent Help - CUCM7.1 license Manager fail to start

lumguanyuan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Require urgent help.

Recently bought 2 new MCS 7825H4 with CUCM7.1.  Feature and DLU license has been uploaded to call manager.  However phone fail to register due to license manager service stop.  When I try to start the license manager it halted starting.

This is new CUCM7.1 call manager.  How to troubleshoot this problem?

6 Replies 6

Danilo Molini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, how much license file did you upload? And what is your exact UCM version?

Probably you are running bug CSCtc43971 where if you had uploaded many license file, the license manager failed to start for timeout.

I have the same issue with a CUCMBE 7.1(3a), now I'm downloading the upgrade 7.1(3a)SU1a to upgrade the call manager.

Link for the bug:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtc43971&from=summary

Danilo

Hi Danilo,

Thank you so much for the information.

I will get the Cisco licensing to combine the license first and see whether it solve the problem.  Totally I uploaded 27 license files to CCM.  The the problem confirm due to license files then I will upgrade the CCM patches.

By the way, how to remove existing license file in call manager?

Thanks

Lum

On my server I had upload 51 license file and after upgrade to 7.1(3a)SU1a the problem is solved.

Another solutions is ask to cisco to combine al license file in a single license file, but I don't know how you can remove the file already inserted (I never do before ).

Hi danilomolini,
Thank you so much for the information.  The problem solved after getting Cisco license team combine the license.
Thanks
Lum

Hi all,

You can delete old or tempory license files from the CLI interface using the comman
d "file delete license

Cheers,

hi, all

I can delete current license files from the CLI interface using

the comman d "file delete license .

But licenseinfo stay in from the CLI interface using "run sql select * from licenseinfo".

Do you know to procedure to delete licenseinfo from sql table.

Now, license manager failed to start timeout.

regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: