Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 - Aniserver process with busy flag set

richard.tetu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A LMS 3.2 has been installed with a 5000 equipments license's.

The portal saw all 252 switches + some routers but when we went on CM 5.2 n we saw that only 152 equipments managed , the others 100 are seen not managed.The unmanaged and managed machines are types mixed ( for example: some 2960 are ok and the rest are not managed)

This install is very new one , around, 3 weeks old. She 's has been done  with no backup, ( as the manifest directorie was not existing) but just with .csv file exported file.

I have asked to get the output of the Pdshown and i saw that the Aniserver is running with a busy flag set,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cluster members will not be managed directly by Campus.  Instead, the members will be excluded (i.e. seen in the exclude list), and they will instead be managed via the cluster commanders.  This cannot be changed without adding each cluster member device as a standard device in DCR.  Of course, this means that each cluster member will needs its own accessible IP address.

The normal state of ANIServer is "Running with busy flag set."

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check that nothing is filtered under Campus Manager > Admin > Data Collection > Device Management.  That is, make sure either auto-allocation is enabled for all devices, or that you are not excluding any devices.  Make sure all devices have correct credentials in DCR, then run a new full Data Collection from the Campus Manager homepage.

I've been working with Richard on this case, so I think can answer on his behalf :

There are no excluded devices, they're all "auto-allocated" and the credentials are correct.

We found out that most of the missing devices in CM are cluster-member switches, and we saw here that only cluster commander are shown in CM.

2 questions though :

- Is there a way to see cluster members in CM ? (without deleting the cluster )

- What's the busy flag on the ANI server process ?

Thanks

Cluster members will not be managed directly by Campus.  Instead, the members will be excluded (i.e. seen in the exclude list), and they will instead be managed via the cluster commanders.  This cannot be changed without adding each cluster member device as a standard device in DCR.  Of course, this means that each cluster member will needs its own accessible IP address.

The normal state of ANIServer is "Running with busy flag set."