Views
Helpful
Replies

limit of 10 000 messages for syslog"s

laptev.valery
Level 1
Level 1

I am using LMS 3.2  as syslog server.

I have set purge settings. Ther is enaughe free space on a disk. But when the nmber of syslog messeges increases up to 10 000. it stops to collect them.

So all messages will be lost if it is fool.

How can I change 10 000 limit for about 100 000 ???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Are you running the report job as an IMMEDIATE job? I seem to remember that this will limit the output to 10,000 syslog entries.

If you run the job as SCHEDULED, run it ONCE with a start time of say 5 minutes from the current time, I think it should show all syslog entries.

Give it a go anyway.

Pete

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you're referring to the "SLCA0131: There are more than 10000 records generated for this date range.

Only 10000 records are being displayed, starting with the records generated on the end date." message when generating a syslog report, I don't think the answer has changed since this thread below:

http://supportforums.cisco.com/message/638820#638820Re: Cisco works cant display more then 10k of syslog error

Your syslogs are not being lost though. You can still view them in the raw syslog_info file(s) on the CLI.

to:

Thank you for help!
Very sad)
So, to see my syslogs i should search them on yhe device?(CLI run sh log) or I can chek them on ciscoworks server?

Hi,

Are you running the report job as an IMMEDIATE job? I seem to remember that this will limit the output to 10,000 syslog entries.

If you run the job as SCHEDULED, run it ONCE with a start time of say 5 minutes from the current time, I think it should show all syslog entries.

Give it a go anyway.

Pete

That works indeed.

Regards Marco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco