Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP issue with incoming calls (CUCM 6.1) after change from H323 to MGCP

g.zilorri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm experiencing problem in incoming calls after changing the communication protocol with the CUCM from H.323 to MGCP.

Depending on the incoming call type I'm having different behaviour:

Some calls (typically from digital devices like mobile) are receiving digits en-bloc and it works fine

Some other calls (typically from analog phone) are receving digits one by one (overlap receving).

In the last case I have problem with our company main number (03928171) and DID extension (0392817XXX) starting with 1xx.

As I'm using translation pattern and they doesn't work on best longest match alghoritm every call directed to ext 03928171xx is intercepted be Transaltion Pattern 03928171.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance for your contribution

Best regards

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check that the "Overlap Receiving Flag for PRI" UCM Service Parameter is set to True. It is False by default which disables overlap support on MGCP PRIs.

jconi
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You have 2 working solutions:

1/ If possible (but I don't think it's available with 6.1), uncheck the "Urgent Priority" in the Translation Pattern 03928171. The call will not be routed immedialty when the Translation Pattern is matched, if an another Translation Pattern or Directory Number can be called by adding a digit.

2/ If the 1st solution is not possible, then delete your existing translation pattern, and replace it by a Directory Number 03928171. Then you can configure a Call Forward All to act like a Translation Pattern. As soon as there are other matches by adding digit, the call will not be routed immediatly.

In both case, when you will dial the main number, you will wait the T302 timeout, so don't let the default 15sec.

Cheers

jp

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why you switched to an inferior technology?

Just curious...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: