VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

anyone has idea how useful this book

TcL Scripting for Cisco IOS,

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587059541

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the book tries to teach the user Tcl syntax, and some useful functions.  It's not a complete language guide, however.  For a good book on general Tcl scripting, that would be "Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk".

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm one of the tecnical editors of this book, and I'm making sure that it will be useful to people.  It will mainly serve as an introduction to the various Tcl scripting aspects of IOS (e.g. tclsh and EEM).  I think it will be primarily useful for new users, but even advanced users should learn a thing or two.

Hi Joe

it is interesting that you are the technical reviewer of this book

i was think to get mid level in Tcl scripting with EEM to give me the ability to  implement some automated things

i am good with EEM but Tcl not

will this book take the reader from scratch to tcl scripting ?

thank you and happy new year

Marwan

Yes, the book tries to teach the user Tcl syntax, and some useful functions.  It's not a complete language guide, however.  For a good book on general Tcl scripting, that would be "Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk".

Thank you Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: