Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading from ccm4.2 to 6.1 issue

faycal.rabahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I upgraded my ccm (publisher and  subscriber) from 4.2 to 6.1  with cisco DMA.

after that i send the .lic file generated by cisco DMA ti cisco licensing and they send me the new license.

I uploades the licese to my new call manager and after the reboot I have message warning say's that i should upload the software license or the call manager service wil not run.

when I look to license report the ip phones and node license is uploaded and the software license is missing.

I dont have any third party software .

when i try to run the call manager manually after some second after that  the service show not running.

Please show me what should I do?

4 Replies 4

mgonga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, you need to order a software feature license when you upgrade from windows based call manager to linux based call manager. When you upgrade using DMA it allows you to carry forward the licenses for the phones and other devices registered with call manager as well as the call manager node licenses, but ordering the software feature license is mandatory as the call manager service will keep on crashing if this is not present. There is no other option but to get in touch with the licensing team and request for software feature license.

Hi everybody.

I have upgraded my ccm 4.2 publisher and subscriber to cucm 6.1 and after that i send the file .lic generated by dma to cisco licencing, I also register the two PAK of number to receive the the software licences. with the publisher mac address

I have uploaded to the publisher the

upgraded licenses

the new licences I purchased from cisco

the two licences I have received from cisco with the PAK number software claim

after that when I go to look for licence report in ccm node licenses i see unit authorized 4 unit used 2.

why do I have 4 unit authorized and 2 used, as I know i shoould have 2 autorized two used?

and the publisher is fonctionning correctly but when the ip phone register whith th subscriber there is many issues.

Please help.

That makes sense, but is there an extra cost for the software feature license?

Hi Joe,

If the CUCM 4.2 to 6.1 (or 7.x) upgrade is ordered via PUT (product upgrade tool)

with UCSS/ESW support, it will include a PAK for the Software feature License. An upgrade

that is ordered À la carte will also include the Software feature License.

But either way you pay

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: