upgrading from ccm4.2 to 6.1 problem

Unanswered Question
Jan 1st, 2010

Hi everybody,

I upgraded my ccm (publisher and  subscriber) from 4.2 to 6.1  with cisco DMA.

after that i send the .lic file generated by cisco DMA ti cisco licensing and they send me the new license.

I uploades the licese to my new call manager and after the reboot I have message warning say's that i should upload the software license or the call manager service wil not run.

when I look to license report the ip phones and node license is uploaded and the software license is missing.

I dont have any third party software .

when i try to run the call manager manually after some second after that  the service show not running.

Please show me what should I do?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
rob.huffman Fri, 01/01/2010 - 16:43

Hi Faycal,

***You should have received a PAK with the 4.x to 6.x Upgrade Media***

Use this procedure to obtain a software feature license:

Step 1 Navigate to the License Registration web tool at http://www.cisco.com/go/license.

Step 2 Enter the Product Authorization Key (PAK) that you received with your Cisco Unified Communications Manager upgrade.

Step 3 Click Submit.

Step 4 Follow the system prompts. You must enter the MAC address of the Ethernet 0 NIC of the first node of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster. You must also enter a valid e-mail address.

The system sends the license file to you via e-mail by using the e-mail address that you provided. To view the contents of a software feature license, refer to "License File Contents" in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager System Guide.

Step 5 You must upload the software license file to the server with the matching MAC address that you provided in Step 4.

Hope this helps!

faycal.rabahi Sat, 01/02/2010 - 00:28

Hi rob,

thank you very much for your response, !but !i dont receive any pak number from cisco to upgrade from 4.2 to 6.1.

what should I do to receive it?

the pak number come in the MCS box or single box?

Thank you

rob.huffman Sat, 01/02/2010 - 06:57

Hi Faycal,

You are most welcome my friend

The PAK# should have come with the upgrade media

DVD's. Either on a piece of white paper or perhaps

a sticker on the box. Have a look for the small box.

faycal.rabahi Sun, 01/03/2010 - 06:15

I found the box with the software license.

the last thing I will say to you is thank you very very much, really you are the best of the best.

rob.huffman Sun, 01/03/2010 - 08:46

Hi Faycal,

Great work my friend!

Thanks for your very kind words

faycal.rabahi Fri, 01/08/2010 - 11:57

Hi everybody.

I have upgraded my ccm 4.2 publisher and subscriber to cucm 6.1 and after that i send the file .lic generated by dma to cisco licencing, I also register the two PAK of number to receive the the software licences. with the publisher mac address file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/faycal.RABAHI/Bureau/ENI/Eni%20licenses/CCM20100103011147597.lic

I have uploaded to the publisher the

upgraded licenses

the new licences I purchased from cisco

the two licences I have received from cisco with the PAK number software claim

after that when I go to look for licence report in ccm node licenses i see unit authorized 4 unit used 2.

why do I have 4 unit authorized and 2 used, as I know i shoould have 2 autorized two used?

and the publisher is fonctionning correctly but when the ip phone register whith th subscriber there is many issues.

Please help.

This Discussion