Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading from ccm4.2 to 6.1 problem

faycal.rabahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I upgraded my ccm (publisher and  subscriber) from 4.2 to 6.1  with cisco DMA.

after that i send the .lic file generated by cisco DMA ti cisco licensing and they send me the new license.

I uploades the licese to my new call manager and after the reboot I have message warning say's that i should upload the software license or the call manager service wil not run.

when I look to license report the ip phones and node license is uploaded and the software license is missing.

I dont have any third party software .

when i try to run the call manager manually after some second after that  the service show not running.

Please show me what should I do?

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Faycal,

***You should have received a PAK with the 4.x to 6.x Upgrade Media***

Use this procedure to obtain a software feature license:

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Navigate to the License Registration web tool at http://www.cisco.com/go/license.

Step 2 Enter the Product Authorization Key (PAK) that you received with your Cisco Unified Communications Manager upgrade.

Step 3 Click Submit.

Step 4 Follow the system prompts. You must enter the MAC address of the Ethernet 0 NIC of the first node of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster. You must also enter a valid e-mail address.

The system sends the license file to you via e-mail by using the e-mail address that you provided. To view the contents of a software feature license, refer to "License File Contents" in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager System Guide.

Step 5 You must upload the software license file to the server with the matching MAC address that you provided in Step 4.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b02licfu.html#wp1067359

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi rob,

thank you very much for your response, !but !i dont receive any pak number from cisco to upgrade from 4.2 to 6.1.

what should I do to receive it?

the pak number come in the MCS box or single box?

Thank you

Hi Faycal,

You are most welcome my friend

The PAK# should have come with the upgrade media

DVD's. Either on a piece of white paper or perhaps

a sticker on the box. Have a look for the small box.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi ROB,

I found the box with the software license.

the last thing I will say to you is thank you very very much, really you are the best of the best.

Salutations

Hi Faycal,

Great work my friend!

Thanks for your very kind words

Cheers!

Rob

Hi everybody.

I have upgraded my ccm 4.2 publisher and subscriber to cucm 6.1 and after that i send the file .lic generated by dma to cisco licencing, I also register the two PAK of number to receive the the software licences. with the publisher mac address file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/faycal.RABAHI/Bureau/ENI/Eni%20licenses/CCM20100103011147597.lic

I have uploaded to the publisher the

upgraded licenses

the new licences I purchased from cisco

the two licences I have received from cisco with the PAK number software claim

after that when I go to look for licence report in ccm node licenses i see unit authorized 4 unit used 2.

why do I have 4 unit authorized and 2 used, as I know i shoould have 2 autorized two used?

and the publisher is fonctionning correctly but when the ip phone register whith th subscriber there is many issues.

Please help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: