Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prblem while adding firewall in ciscoworks lms 2.6

We are not able to add firewall ASA5510 in ciscoworks LMS 2.6.

SNMP configuration on firewall is as follows

snmp-server host inside 10.48.2.54 community firewall version 2c
no snmp-server location
no snmp-server contact
snmp-server community ****
snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkup linkdown coldstart

Please check attached file for ciscoworks configuration, SNMP Walk command output and Firewall "show version" output.

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your attachment didn't appear.

Can you explain in more detail what problem you are seeing (or not seeing) in LMS and what procedure you are using to add the firewall? I assume you know that firewalls are not supported in Campus Manager due to their not using CDP.

Now I am able to add firewall but when i am trying to access firewall through Cisco View> Chassis View I am getting following error.

Can't find applicable device package for 10.44.100.37.

Cause
Device package for this device type is not installed or device support for this device type might not be available or you are attempting to open a component inside a device.

Action
Please install a device package for the device type or open the parent device to manage the component.

When I configured netshow job for "show running-config" and "show tech-support" it ends with following error

Command(s) failed on the device Insufficient no. of interactive responses(or timeout) for command: show tech-support. Insufficient no. of interactive responses(or timeout) for command: show tech-support.

Note the ASA firewalls are not supported devices under any version of the CiscoView or Campus Manager components. They are only supported with the RME and DFM components.

For RME, make sure that you have applied the updates (ASA Package version 2.6 is the current one for RME 4.0.6 which is the latest RME update in LMS 2.6) found here, per the note in the Supported Device Table for RME 4.0.5. Note that there are multiple dependent packages per the readme on the ASA package.

Also confirm your device is one of the supported models (by sysObjectID) listed on that table and it is running at least the supported software revision level.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco