Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest account on WCS doesn't work as expected

muzhulin64
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have scheduled a guest account on WCS (6.0), valid 180 days, generate password every day and email to myself, and applied to our WLCs( 5.1). The first day, guest account was created on all WLCs, and emailed me the password, worked fine, the second day, I received email with the new password, but the guest account has disappered from  all WLCs, on WCS, this guest account still show as 'Active' but not apply to any WLC.

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 Replies 4

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

What is the exact version of 5.1 and 6.0.x are you running for both WLC and WCS ?  Try the following settings "Choose Administration > Background Tasks, then click Guest Accounts Sync" to access this page. And try disabling this feature and see if that makes any differences.

-nael

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Make sure your WLC version is either:

Post your logs.zip and tell what user you were trying to create

Are you using a DMZ WLC ? (anchor controller). In that case the guest users should be created only on the DMZ controller.

muzhulin64
Level 1
Level 1

Our WLC version is 5.1.151.0 and WCS version was 6.0.132.0 but I just upgraded it to 6.0.170.0.  Guest Account Sync option is enabled now ( once a day). I think I find something, one is the time on WCS and WLCs was different before (corrected this now), second, the guest account start time and end time was set to same time (1:00 Jan 1, 2010- 1:00 Jul 1, 2010) or from 8:30 Jan 1, 2010 to 8:00 Jul 1, 2010. I thought this time setting is the lifetime of the account, but actually it's the active time of the account on every scheduled day, so I change this to from 1:00 Jan 1, 2010 to 23:00 Jul 1, 2010, So far,it works fine -  this guest account is created at 1:00 and removed at 23:00 everyday.

By the way, is there any documentation to tell how WCS works with WlC underneath the GUI?

Thanks for your help!

WCS works with the WLC using SNMP.

You can enable debug snmp all enable on the WLC and see the activity.

Also on the WCS server you can install wireshark and take a packet capture, that will show you the snmp packets.

There is no documentation for this.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card