cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 firewall with L2L vpn configured.

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have configured the ASA 5520 firewall with L2l VPN. Everything working fine but whenever I connect the pc to the Management Interface then all the vpn sessions are terminated.

What could be the workaround for this issue.

Thanks

Arumugam

7 Replies 7

YANGCCIE4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is the pc 's ip address is in the range of  the interesting traffic, --- acl ? this is the first I will check,

is there nat translation device between these two side ?

do we have the route on the side for this pc's ip address reachable ?

hope it helps

Yang

Thanks for your reply.

The Management Inteface is in 192.16.1.0/24 network range with PC ip add is witin this range.

The crypto ACL is in 172.0.0.0/24 range. This management interface is only fo management purpose only.

How is it possible that the pc conneced to the Management Interface cause  all the VPN terminate immediately.

Tomorrow I am going  site to troubleshoot this problem.

Hello,

Which version of code is your ASA running ?

Can you use the PC on the other end of tunnel just fine or the issue is recreated ?

Could you attach a show tech-support  from ASA so that we can have a look at the config ?

HTH

Vijaya

Vijaya,

I do not think they allow me for the show-tech to post here. I am visting today on site to troubleshoot this issue.

I will updat you soon.

Arumugam

Kent Heide
Level 1
Level 1

debug crypto ipsec

debug crypto isakmp

when you connect the PC to the management port.

Kent,

ASA managemnt interface configured as Management only with the ip address in entirely different network ( 192.168.x.x).

Arumugam

Run the debugs so you can see what happens with the ipsec..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card