cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to disable IVR on SPA8000, SPA8800, SPA3102?

brendangilmore
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a method to disable the IVR on the SPA8000, SPA8800 and SPA3102? 

We have been very pleased with the functionality of these devices so far in our testing, but the environment we will be installing them in will require us to completely disable any administrative functions.  I'm aware that the IVR is only accessible from ports 1 and 2 on the SPA8000, which would reduce our usable FXS channels to 6 on that device.  What about on the other devices?  Any way at all to disable the IVR completely?  Even if its a hidden option in the provisioning xml, that would be ok as that is the method we are using to configure them.  I'm afraid if we don't solve this we will have to look at other vendor's options. 

3 Replies 3

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

Not possible to disable it, but possible to disable factory reset from it. Have a look at the provisioning guide. There is a parameter named Protect IVR Factory Reset which you need to set in addition to changing the admin password. It will then ask for the admin password if a factory reset is required.

Regards
Alberto

Alberto,

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately even enabling the Protect IVR Factory Reset option is not sufficient, because it still allows a malicious user to change the IP address and other network settings via the IVR.  If the password could be applied to all IVR functions which change a setting that might be more sufficient, since it would prevent users from making any changes. 

I would make a suggestion that something to protect the system from malicious users be considered as a feature to implement in the future. 

Once again thanks for the reply even if it wasn't the answer I was hoping for. 

Thanks,

Brendan

Hi Brendan;

I suggest you have a look at the provisioning guide. There is an option to ask for password for any change, i.e. making any parameter admin level. This is to be done on the main configuration file by changing the access rights for each parameter. You can set them read only or administrator. If you set to administrator, the IVR asks for password (please note I have not tested it but should work this way).

regards
Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: