Views
Helpful
Replies

Help configuring 2621XM for T1 access

jkessler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm in a jam and was wondering if someone would be able to help me with configuring a 2621XM to replace our existing router?  My ISP has provided the following information:

"looks like we are routing to the public block below. So you just need to put that block on the Ethernet interface the subnet mask will be 255.255.255.248. The default router will need to point to my edge router which has an IP address of XX.XXX.XXX.XXX. That should be all the information required to set up the router.  Youll need to build out the interfaces and passwords etc there's only 1 T1 sou you don't need to worry about timing"

XX.XXX.XXX.XX/XX <--Public IPs

All the best,

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

jkessler@LSCS-Online.com

Hello,

I'm in a jam and was wondering if someone would be able to help me with configuring a 2621XM to replace our existing router?  My ISP has provided the following information:

"looks like we are routing to the public block below. So you just need to put that block on the Ethernet interface the subnet mask will be 255.255.255.248. The default router will need to point to my edge router which has an IP address of XX.XXX.XXX.XXX. That should be all the information required to set up the router.  Youll need to build out the interfaces and passwords etc there's only 1 T1 sou you don't need to worry about timing"

XX.XXX.XXX.XX/XX <--Public IPs

All the best,

Hello James,

The are quite few commands i.e, SNMP, DNS, password, internal network address, routing protocols config or static routes and etc.... that you need to apply to this new router. Since you are replacing an existing router the best thing to do is to login to the existing router, copy and paste the config to Notepad, make any necessary changes, like interface numbering, IP address, etc... and then paste it to the new router and save the config.

Good Luck

Reza

Hi James, were you able to accomplish you task.

Thanks,

~EM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card