Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem while adding firewall in lms 2.6

We are not able to add firewall ASA5510 in Ciscoworks LMS 2.6.

SNMP configuration of firewall is as follows

snmp-server host inside 10.48.2.54 community firewall version 2c
no snmp-server location
no snmp-server contact
snmp-server community *****
snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkup linkdown coldstart

Please check attached file for ciscoworks configuration, SNMP Walk command output and Firewall "sh version" command output.

5 Replies 5

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

this is normal

asa is not even recognized in 3.2 .

lms is for switches and routers only

also cisco firewalls don't support cdp, so you will never be able to see them in the network map

This is wrong.  The ASA is supported by LMS in both RME and DFM.  Campus Manager is the only application which does not support the ASA.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So what error do you get when adding this ASA?

Now I am able to add firewall but when i am trying to access firewall through Cisco View> Chassis View I am getting following error.

Can't find applicable device package for 10.44.100.37.

Cause
Device package for this device type is not installed or device support for this device type might not be available or you are attempting to open a component inside a device.

Action
Please install a device package for the device type or open the parent device to manage the component.

When I configured netshow job for "show running-config" and "show tech-support" it ends with following error

Command(s) failed on the device Insufficient no. of interactive responses(or timeout) for command: show tech-support. Insufficient no. of interactive responses(or timeout) for command: show tech-support.

CiscoView has no package support for ASA devices.  The error you see is expected.  Only RME, DFM, and HUM (LMS add-on) will support the ASA firewalls.