Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 3102 pstn caller ID detection not working in India

zahir_koradia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to accept a call over PSTN line and forward the call over SIP using spa3102. The call forwarding works but I am not able to forward the caller ID from the pstn line to SIP. I looked through the spa logs and found that the digits are actually detected by SPA but they are not identified as the caller ID. I am sure of this because last pstn caller always appears empty in the info page. Here is the relevant snippet of logs:

Dec 10 19:12:31 bala fbr:1:3000:3000:14f6f:0004:0005:5.1.10(GW)
Dec 10 19:12:31 bala fhs:01:0:0001:upg:app:0:3.3.6(GW)
Dec 10 19:12:31 bala fhs:02:0:0002:upg:app:1:3.3.6(GW)
Dec 10 19:12:31 bala fhs:03:0:0003:upg:app:2:3.3.6(GW)
Dec 10 19:12:31 bala fhs:04:0:0004:upg:app:0:5.1.10(GW)
Dec 10 19:12:31 bala fhs:05:0:0005:upg:app:1:5.1.10(GW)
Dec 10 19:12:31 bala fhs:06:0:0006:upg:app:2:5.1.10(GW)
Dec 10 19:12:31 bala fu:1:4f96, 0003 0001
Dec 10 19:12:49 bala FXO:Start CNDD
Dec 10 19:12:49 bala FXO:Digit=9
Dec 10 19:12:49 bala FXO:Digit=7
Dec 10 19:12:49 bala FXO:Digit=7
Dec 10 19:12:49 bala FXO:Digit=6
Dec 10 19:12:49 bala FXO:Digit=5
Dec 10 19:12:50 bala FXO:Digit=3
Dec 10 19:12:50 bala FXO:Digit=5
Dec 10 19:12:50 bala FXO:Digit=9
Dec 10 19:12:50 bala FXO:Digit=1
Dec 10 19:12:50 bala FXO:Digit=3
Dec 10 19:13:05 bala AUD:Stop PSTN Tone
Dec 10 19:13:05 bala AUD:Stop PSTN Tone
Dec 10 19:13:05 bala Calling:2006@192.168.1.4:0

I have changed a few numbers in the log above. My configuration is attached with th post. I think my issue is similar to the one reported in https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/4354?start=0&tstart=0 but I thought I will post my issue as mine may be a different country (and hence may be a different issue). Can anyone help out?

Thanks,

Zahir

14 Replies 14

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

This is a known issue and there will be a new firmware around April/May timeframe to resolve this Caller ID issue.  Thank you.

Hi nseto,

I'm also experiencing the same issue for Hong Kong. Will the new firmware fix the CID issue for Hong Kong?

Regards,

Fred

The fix is for all international regions.

hi, I've downloaded the latest firmware, and I still do not get the caller id. can someone please confirm if this is fixed or not?

It will be addressed in the next release, which should be within the next 3-5 months.

Is there a way to fast track this? I thought this will be fixed in April/May update. I cannot use the SPA3102 if I don't have the caller ID.

Any hot fix or small patch to address this?

Latest info I have is this is supposed to be done by late May, so it would be posted around early June.

Now it is early of June. What about the new firmware?
Regards, Tamás

Hi,

Ive been looking around and it seems like theres a lot of cisco customers waiting for this fix and since over a year !  :\ . Is there anyway we can track what progress is being made on the update/fix. Im really hoping I could make real proper use of the SPA3102 Ive purchased once this callerid issue is fixed.

Other posts waiting on the fix -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3178434

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3095568

Thanking you,

Joel R

>> 1. Feb 5, 2010 11:59 AM   in response to: zahir_koradia

>> Re: SPA 3102 pstn caller ID detection not working in India

>> This is a known issue and there will be a new firmware around April/May timeframe to resolve this Caller ID issue.  Thank you.

Hey can we have an update here, please!.

"The CID issue will be addressed in the next release, the release is scheduled at this time for end of Oct."

Reply of nseto on 2010.08.05

bobgus534
Level 1
Level 1

I also had been troubled by the pstn caller ID not appearing in the Voice->Info->PSTN Line Status->Last PSTN Caller.

But now it is working. This information is passed on to my voicemail application.

I am running Software Version 5.1.10(GW)

Why does it work now, where it did not work in the past?  It may be because I toggled the Voice->PSTN Line->PSTN-To-VoIP Gatweway Setup->PSTN CID For VoIP CID from yes to no and back to yes.

In the FXO Timer Values (sec) section, I have

PSTN Answer Delay                 30

VoIP Answer Delay                     0

PSTN Ting Thru Delay:               0

PSTN Ring Through CWT Delay: 3

PSTN Ring Timeout:                    5

These settings may have some influence on whether the CID is captured by the PSTN port.

This is in the USA.

----

It is working now on 3 different SPA3102 adapters. I hope it continues to work.

Bob G

ongchenjie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all experts,

I receently purchase a SPA 3102 and set my hotline number forwarded to my ipbx system. However, my IP phone is not able to capture any caller ID. FYI I am in Singapore.

Please kindly refer below settings:-

Under the PSTN Tab,

PSTN CID For VoIP CID: Yes

PSTN Caller ID Pattern: *

PSTN Answer Delay: 5

PSTN Ring Thru Delay: 0

PSTN Ring Thru CWT Delay: 1

PSTN Ring Timeout: 5

According to the forum, when we define * under the PSTN Caller ID Pattern, it will be able to show the caller ID on our IP phone. But the process of my calls being forwarded to the ipbx is not working.

When I removed the * under the PSTN Caller ID pattern, everything is working fine.

I have already upgraded the firmware to 5.1.10.GW but still the problem persist.

Please kindly assist.

Thank you.

I know that everyone is waiting for an upgrade to the software.

But, in the meantime, you might spend/waste some time researching and changing the Call Progress tones to match your local telephone company standards.

Look at Admin->Advanced->Voice->Regional page for all of the things you can change.

Don't change anything until you find out what standards are used by your local telephone company.

The SPA3102 is very flexible - this is an advantage. However, there are a lot of things that can be changed. Randomly changing parameters does not work so well as the 'search space' of possible parameters is very large. Best to research your local telephone company standards before tweeking.

Check at the bottom of the Regional page for 'Caller ID Method' and Caller ID FSK Standard.

-----

There is always the possibility that your local line does not have Caller ID service. You could check some of these possibilities by attaching an Oscilloscope to your phone wires and watch for the Caller ID signals. You might also be able to figure out the frequency and timing.

The Caller ID signals may also be between the 2nd and 3rd ring rather than 1st and 2nd. I have seen that 'feature' on the Internet somewhere. If your SPA3102 automatically answers the phone after only one ring, then you might not see those signals. Check the timing settings on the PSTN Line page -> FXO Timer Values (sec)

Sometimes if you make a change, reboot, and then change the same parameter back - it will toggle the software so it works as folks were expecting.

Good Luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: