cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Backup issue (related with re-install HUM)

vergeerf
Level 1
Level 1

Since the HUM evaluation period expired, I want to reinstall HUM 1.2 (LMS 3.2) because my customer didn't had enough time for evaluation.

I order to do this, I have uninstalled the HUM 1.2 and reinstalled HUM. However, during the re-installation the mandatory automatic backup failed.

The backup.log file doesn't contain any errors (backup completed). A manual backup seems to work fine and the system is working properly.

What is causing this issue? or is there a way to skip the backup performed during LMS 3.2 (HUM only) installation.

thanks in advance for any helpSNAG-0003.jpg

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you want to do is not possible.  You cannot reinstall the eval to extend the evaluation period.  That would require installing HUM on a new server.

we have purchased a (promo) HUM license now, but it doesn't include the media. How to get a copy of the HUM software

Since I can't use the originally shipped HUM evaluation copy (installation fails on the backup as described in my original post)

Run the installer with the nobackup argument.  That is:

setup.exe nobackup
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: