cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE for CCM failover with DNS SRV.

cjprakash
Level 1
Level 1

we are testing UCCE for CCM failover with Local DNS SRV. We have enabled the "Use DNS SRV type query:YES"&"Resolve SRV records locally:1" on CVP Call server configuration SIP tab.

The srv.xml file updated with CCM  IP addrs in this path \Cisco\CVP\conf\srv.xml

On testing, the agent state moved to reserved state, but call is not delivered. Static Route is added for Phone Extension as "500>,proxy.ipcc.com".

What will be the issue? Kindly let me know what needs to be done.

Thanks & Regards

JP.

13 Replies 13

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Hi JP

Best bet is to take a look in the SIP Proxy logs and CVP logs.  Also i would recommended putting ethereal on the CVP Call Server. Run the packet trace while you are making the call and you should be able to see why it is failing. Not much else i can say with out seeing the logs.

Thanks,

Matt

Hello JP I have the

same scenario do you can sent the .txt of srv.xml?

I would first try a static route:

"500>,IP address Sub 1"

and make sure it works. Then delete this and replace it with Sub2 and make sure that works.

If both do work, then there could be an error in your SRV file. Post a copy here.

Don't you have a proxy server? I normally use the SRV record to find a proxy, and allow the proxy to load balance the subscribers. This would work better.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

1.      Create srv.xml file at c:\cisco\cvp\conf path

2.      And these entries on xml file.

Sample srv.xml  file configuration

IP Address:  change the accordingly.

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I'm using a static route which points to a name which is resolved in the srv.xml for 2 UCM subscriber.

We add the name into the DNS server, so that the ucm is able to resolve it's name.

I can see that the sip invite is send to the correct UCM IP address, but I get back" 404 not found", maybe because the UCM does not resolve the name which is send in the sip invite xxxx@cucm.test.com.

Do you find a solution for this problem in the meantime?

kind regards

Markus

Hi,

I forgot to add the fqdn I'm using in the CVP srv.xml to the UCM Enterprise Wide parameter.

Now I get the error 503 from the UCM, service unavailable.

kind regards

Markus

So, as Markus already figured out, you need to make sure that your CUCM actually understands that it is the intended recipient for these SIP INVITEs. I.e. if you define the static route to point to cucm.cisco.com you have to specificy the specify the Custer FQDN to be cucm.cisco.com under the 'Cluster Wide Domain Settings' in the CUCM Enterprise Parameters.

A second thing to watch out for the CUCM Group assigned to your SIP Trunks. Each SIP Trunk, like any CUCM device, has a Device Pool, the device pool has a UCM Group defining on which UCM nodes that device 'exists'. For phones that typically means : which UCM nodes can I register to ?

But for SIP trunks this means : which UCM nodes have a SIP deamon process for this Trunk and so which of the UCM nodes will actually accept INVITEs for this trunk. The most common cause for 503 Service Unavailable is probably this, (not all) the CUCM nodes in your DNS / srv.xml round robin are in the UCM Group assigned to the Device Pool configured on the SIP trunk for this Call Server.

Cheers,

Kris

if you define the static route to point to cucm.cisco.com you have to specificy the specify the Custer FQDN to be cucm.cisco.com under the 'Cluster Wide Domain Settings' in the CUCM Enterprise Parameters.

Quite similar to the SIP Proxy (CUPS).

But for SIP trunks this means : which UCM nodes have a SIP deamon process for this Trunk and so which of the UCM nodes will actually accept INVITEs for this trunk. The most common cause for 503 Service Unavailable is probably this, (not all) the CUCM nodes in your DNS / srv.xml round robin are in the UCM Group assigned to the Device Pool configured on the SIP trunk for this Call Server.

Excellent point - and very clearly made. Thanks.

Regards,

Geoff

I'll peempt Markus answer here, it still don't work.

All the mentioned points are very good hints.

But CUCM can resolve the Domainname (DNS works), cluster FQDN is configured in CCM, Trunk has a Device Pool with the Server that recieves the "INVITE" and it works if the "INVITE" contains an IP address instead of the Domainname.

CCM Debug gives the following:

CCM|SIPStationInit: forwardSIPSignal Unable to route message

CCM|SIPStationInit: Could not find SIPStationD process for incoming msg on UDP

CCM|SIPStationInit: wait_SIPSetupInd Unable to get Dpid from dialog, ccbId=47

CCM|//SIP/SIPUdp/wait_SdlSPISignal: Outgoing SIP UDP message to 1.2.3.3:[5060]:
  SIP/2.0 503 Service Unavailable

Warning: 399 cucm1 "Unable to find a device handler for the request received on port 5060 from 1.2.3.4"

So any other hint what might stop CCM from routing the call to the phone would be great.

Cheers,

Gunnar

You say it works if you use IP address but not domain, do you have multiple IP's listed in your SRV record? Have you tested each of these individually as static IP's?

Yes, we have two IPs.

This are the two IPs of the CCM server  (Version 7.1(5b)SU3 by the way) that are in the Device Pool assigned to  the CVP SIP Trunk.

The CVP server also tries both and the result is equal on both CCM Servers.

Both accept an INVITE containing "To: <1302>;transport=udp>"

But send an "503 Service Unavailable" once receiving an INVITE containing "To: <1302>;transport=udp>"

Hello,

I did it before and it was succesfful, i didn't use anythign of what you are saying , i used domain DNS .

Just create a DNS record on the DNS server (which usually is the domain controller) call it CUCM , make multiple records under the same name with different IP's.

On the SIP configration on the call server , instead of IP or hostanem , type CUCM.domain.com

I used this to send the calls to multiple VXML gateways without proxy and it is working fine , there nothing else need to be configured .

I did it before and it was succesfful, i didn't use anythign of what you are saying , i used domain DNS .

Just create a DNS record on the DNS server (which usually is the domain controller)

That was how you had to do it in CVP 4.x, but CVP 7.x introduced the local SRV.xml file which executes the same logic, but saves a trip to the DNS server, which seems like a good thing, eh?

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: