Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewing Teleworker or Branch Office Phones in CCA over VPN

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I have some Teleworker/branch office phones that are setup over an IPSEC VPN tunnel that terminates on another Cisco device (not the UC520). I can manage these phones via CCA, but I cannot see them in topology view.

Is there a way to add them or see them in the topology view even though they are remote over a VPN tunnel (terminated on another device)>?

Thanks in advance,

Bob James

3 Replies 3

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

The topology view is shown via CDP.  It would need to work in the same was it does for switches, CCA would log into the switches and then get information from the CDP table.  So, this really depends on the setup you have, but it doesn't sound like it is going to work for you in this case.

Thanks Steven,

I'm surprised it uses CDP as it's layer 2 protocol. How does it see VPN connected phones and teleworkers that are connected via the WAN interface?

It doesn't have to see them.  If you have an 871 and add that to the community, you would see what is attached to the 871.  Some other routers, that will not work for.  But CCA doesn't have to see the phones to configure them.  It can just make a configuration change and apply it.  The phone will restart after that.

The topology view is just an idea of how to see how everything is connected.  Teleworkers and VPN's will not likely show up. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: