Telepresence BW with managed by Burst

aamaraljpm
Level 1
Level 1

The quesition is,

- The current link is 20 Mbps,

- a CTS-3000  must be  implemented, 

Can I order  to Carrier provide me addicional  BW by burst ?,

I meam,  If the Video traffic be detected,  more 15 Mbps will be available  to premium traffic .

Is it feasible  ?

or a a 15  Mbps must  be  ordered ?

TIA

Alexandre

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you mean the 20 M for all type of traffic in the network including TP and other Data traffic ?

if yes, i think its better to have a dedicated 15 M to avoid any latency, you could try it with NPA and see the result !!

good luck

dillarw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

NetPro Team,

First I'll recommend you download the TelePresence_Network_Systems_2.0_DG.pdf. It cam be found at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Video/TelePresence_Network_Systems_2.0_DG.pdf

This design guide contains valuable information directly relating to your question. I'll try to hit on a couple of points. The first thing is if your existing bandwidth coming out of that site is 20Mbps and you are running your normal network traffic out of this link, then running the TelePresence at 15Mbps will most likely cause troubles on the connection even if your carrier allows you to burst. Cisco recommends a "33% LLQ Rule" if your TelePresence is sharing a link with normal network traffic. If this is a dedicated link, then you should be ok with 20Mbps depending on your TelePresence configuration.

The amount of bandwidth the TelePresence unit uses can be modified based on the resolution and motion handling you specify for the TelePresence unit. If you add a Presentation codec to allow you to display 30 frames per second for presentations, this will require additional Bandwidth.  If you are running at the latest version of code, you should be able to setup traffic shaping on your outbound interface to prevent bursting. Traffic shaping will not work very well when using older versions of code Prior to 1.5.

So, my recommendation is review this document. Then based on the amount of bandwidth you intend to dedicate to the TelePresence traffic, determine if there is a resolution/motion handling combination that will meet your bandwidth goals. If not, then you may want to consider adding to the 20Mbps link.

Thanks,

Wayne D.

the question

is not the  availability of bandwidth, only

the real point to take in count

is the the way that TP traffic behaves...

video  traffic is variable (the packet sizes and rates are very variable and proportional to the degree of motion within the video traffic flow itself

you can check the Chapter 4 of the earlier mentioned guide to find an appropiate reference)

audio traffic has strict requirements to avoid loss  of quality (jitter, delay, latency, packet lost, etc)

the rest of the traffic has its own needs directly related to the source-applications behaviors

the best option is (at this moment) to have a dedicated link  (and, if possible, a dedicated network) to TP Service

p.s.: remember you need to "mark" the TP Traffic with the best QoS quality (policy, class, etc.etc.etc)

(more bandwidth don't give you the magic solution, is a group of things that you need to take in count in TP deployments)

I hope that  you find it useful

best  regards!

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: