Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble with inbound calls in CUCM

ansarivahid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i am trying to run CUCM 6.1 and 3845 router with VIC-4FXO as my voice hardware. 
i can dial out from ip phones to pstn, but i have a problem with inbound calls.

In gateway port detail configuration there is a field named "attendant DN". when i enter a valid & available
ip phone extention number in this field, the call is routed directly to the number and ip phone rings.

But i want to provide dial tone for ALL inbound calls from pstn, which the inbound calling party can dial
any number and route to desired destination based on route partitions.

Kindly help out
thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i think

you are using MGCP

try this way:

will assume internal extensions consists of 4 digits

create a translation pattren

make the pattren for example 8.XXXX

in the partition section chose a partition that i included in the voice gateway CSS

in the CSS section chose a CSS that as access to the internal extension numbers

also make sure to check the box called provide dial ton

in the gateway DN put the number as 8 ( please make sure that 8 is not included as first digit of any other number in your CCM if yes then pick any other number no used as first digit)

in this way when someone call the call will be sent to number 8 and then a dial ton will be provided i put explicitly four XXXX to restricted to only 4 digits to be dialed )

good luck and let me know if it works or not

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

madmartigan
Level 1
Level 1

I think you can accomplish this using TCL scripts. Check out this document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2192/products_configuration_example09186a0080094ce7.shtml

This should at least get you pointed in the right direction.

HTH

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i think

you are using MGCP

try this way:

will assume internal extensions consists of 4 digits

create a translation pattren

make the pattren for example 8.XXXX

in the partition section chose a partition that i included in the voice gateway CSS

in the CSS section chose a CSS that as access to the internal extension numbers

also make sure to check the box called provide dial ton

in the gateway DN put the number as 8 ( please make sure that 8 is not included as first digit of any other number in your CCM if yes then pick any other number no used as first digit)

in this way when someone call the call will be sent to number 8 and then a dial ton will be provided i put explicitly four XXXX to restricted to only 4 digits to be dialed )

good luck and let me know if it works or not

thank you for your help.

actually i am using mgcp and i need to handle the problem in CUCM, so i can't use TCL script.

thanks to marwanshawi, by using translation pattern, my inbound calls hears a dial tone. but now i face another

problem for routing them. actually it is a TEHO scenario, which i must route inbound calls from a gateway,
to another gateway. but now after dial a number to second site/gateway, i hear "your call cannot be completed as dialed ..."
it might be a problem in partitions and CSS. here it is my config:

main-css inclides these partitions: (incoming-trunk, site1-gw, site2-gw, ip-phones)

partitionCSS
MGCP gatewaymain-css
translation patternincoming-trunkmain-css
route pattern to site1site1-gw
route pattern to site2site2-gw

what is wrong?

can you just draw your call flow i cant answer without understanding the call flow

thank you

okay

consider a call from person1 in site1 to person2 in site2.

the call initiated from pstn/pbx connected to the FXO ports of site1 gateway.

then the translation pattern provide the dial tone. then person1 dial 22.XXXX, which is routed by a route pattern to site2 gateway.

so the site2 gateway must dial out the XXXX number on its FXO port.

but it dosn't work because after entering 22XXXX cucm respondes by "your call cann't be completed as dialed ...."

thanks

what is the patrren you used

in the translation pattren ?

i think it has to be 8.22XXXX    where 8 the digit that i told about above  ( not sure what number you used )

i need to understand the second part

site1 voice GW---CCM ---translation--route-pattern 22.XXXX---site2 GW---FXO--   ( is it here PSTN phone or what??)

have you tried to send the cal direct from gateway to gateway

site1 gateway

dial 1234 to get dial ton

dial-peer voice 10 voip

dstination-patren 1234

session target

int site2

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattren 1234

port x/x/x

where x/x/x the FXO port

good luck

yes. before i move to CUCM, the solution was working fine based on route pattern configuration on router just like what you wrote above.

and also the translation pattern is 8.22XXXX, where 8 (PreDot) will be discarded.

then it matchs in route pattern 22.XXXX, which it routed to site2 gateway.

FXO ports of site2 gateway are connected to traditional PBX with 4 digit extensions like XXXX.

is problem because of CSS and partitions?

maybe

make sure that the CSS of the traslation contains the partition of the route pattren of 22.XXXX

also to to make sure its working dial from an irnal IP phone to the translation and to the route pattren directly ( also make sure the phone has the required CSS)

good luck

if helpful Rate

hosseinshamloo
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

marwanshawi

I read the CIPT 1 and CIPT 2 and also Cisco Cvoice , But I feel that I can't undrestand Cisco Call Manager 6.1 , do you have any other Document or resource that I can use as my reference for problems like this ?

Best Wishes

try this link:

Understanding and Using Partitions and Calling Search Spaces with Cisco CallManager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094b53.shtml

Although this link talking about older version but the idea and concept are the same

also the bellow book is very useful in term of IP telephony design concepts

Cisco IP Telephony: Planning, Design, Implementation, Operation, and Optimization

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587051575

good luck

if helpful Rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: