cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Auto-Attendant message when incorrect extension is dialed.

zebranutz80
Level 1
Level 1

We have Unity 4.0.5 and CCM4.1.3.  We have a CallHandler that gives our callers the option to dial an extension any time during the greeting message.  If the caller dial's an extension that does not exist in Unity, the system then plays a message saying "I did not recognise that as a valid extension.  Please enter your ID followed by #".

I want to give our callers a message saying to "please try dialing a correct extension."  This way they don't have to call back in and start all over from scratch.  Where in Unity is the option for this?  Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Open the advanced settings tool from unity tools depot and there should be an option to enable showing the error greeting (can't recall exactly the option name)

Once you do this go the greeting page from the call handler, pull down the options and you should see error.

Configure whatever behavior you want.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Open the advanced settings tool from unity tools depot and there should be an option to enable showing the error greeting (can't recall exactly the option name)

Once you do this go the greeting page from the call handler, pull down the options and you should see error.

Configure whatever behavior you want.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That worked great.  I chose "Caller System Transfer".  Now I have a different issue.  If I enter the extension wrong a second time, the system hangs up and the call ends.  I would like it to loop back to Caller System Transfer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: