Expired CCNA

Answered Question
Jan 4th, 2010

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

My CCNA certificate expired in 2008. I would like to know if I pass CCIE Written exam, does my CCNA certificate becomes active again?

Thank you.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by LordFlasheart about 7 years 2 weeks ago

Hi,

As you are probably aware you do not need any certification in order to take the CCIE Written. However, passing the CCIE Written does not make your previously expired exams active again. If you let your certifications lapse then you must sit the exam again. CCIE is a long slog so my advice would be to get something early to show for your efforts and sit the CCNA again.

HTH

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
LordFlasheart Tue, 01/05/2010 - 00:38

Hi,

As you are probably aware you do not need any certification in order to take the CCIE Written. However, passing the CCIE Written does not make your previously expired exams active again. If you let your certifications lapse then you must sit the exam again. CCIE is a long slog so my advice would be to get something early to show for your efforts and sit the CCNA again.

HTH

Actions

This Discussion