Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Distribute access points by the controllers with WCS

Hi,

I can control the way that the APs are destributed by the different controllers? Or this process it's automatic?

I want to upgrade 4 WLCs that are controlled by a WCS. What I want to do it's to transfer the Access Points registered with two of the controllers to the other two controllers and upgrade the first two. Then transfer the access points to the other two controllers and upgrade the other two. It's this possible? What's the best way of do it?

Thank you.

Best regards,

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is entirely possible.  If you use the WCS, you can push templates that will change the Primary Controller on the AP, just push the AP to the WLC that has availability.  Once the WLC are updated, you can change the Primary back.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Leaving the templates alone, you can select primary, secondary and tertiary controller order you want the AP to follow from the AP configuration menu in WCS

Hi,

thank you for your reply. I already have done the upgrade and worked well

Best regards!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: