Windows updates for a fresh UCCE install in a one of downloadable bundle?

Unanswered Question
Jan 5th, 2010
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hi All

I would like to know if any one has a good way to get all the past security patches which cisco recommend to apply? For example if i install Windows 2003 SP2 i then have to go through the Cisco security centre for the last couple of years and work out which security updates are needed. Does any one know if you can get all the recommended security patches in a one of download type of thing? I know you can get it for Unity which is called the ServerUpdateWizard not sure if you can use that on a UCCE install though. If not they really need to create something as its a nightmare to keep up with all these patches every time i do an installation :-(

http://tools.cisco.com/search/JSP/search-results.get?strQueryText=ServerUpdatesWizard&Search+All+cisco.com=cisco.com&language=en&country=US&thissection=f&accessLevel=Guest

Does any one have any easy way of doing this? Any work arounds?

Thanks,

Matt

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gbljoba Tue, 01/05/2010 - 06:03
User Badges:

Hi Matt,

I used to use a product called St Bernard Update Expert. This allowed you to set profiles for groups of servers and specify what updates to apply, then is would fetch them and install them remotely. You could probably do the same with WSUS by manually approving updates?

Hope this helps

Jon

Actions

This Discussion