Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA SSL VPN and Default policy

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All,

I'm setting up our ssl vpn to authenticate to a radius server. I have the radius server sending back the group-policy that the user should connect to, and this works good. The problem that I have is that if the user logs in, and their radius account isn't sending back the class 25 attribute, they land in the default policy. I want them to be denied access completely, and not be able to log in. I've tried removing the svc and webvpn protocols on the default policy, but this doesn't do anything. In fact, it disallows them from being able to log in, but also keeps them from being able to log in when they're in their appropriate group. It seems that the default policy is hit before the radius attributes get sent back.

Any ideas on how I can deny a login if they're not part of any allowed groups?

Thanks!

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
1 Reply 1

Paul Carco
Level 1
Level 1

You should be able to accomplish this using Dynamic Access Policies. If you are using only the 'DfltAccessPolicy' and this DAP is set to 'Continue'

ASDM:  Configuration > Remote Access VPN > Clientless SSL VPN Access > Dynamic Access Policies

You could insert a New DAP above it with a higher priority and as part of the 'Selection Criteria' specify an AAA Attribute that requires the user to have a specific 'Group-Policy'  - if this criteria is met the 'Action' should be set to 'Continue'  and if it the criteria is not met they should fall to the 'DfltAccessPolicy' and then be terminated as long as you change the Action of the 'DfltAccessPolicy' to 'Terminate'

"

Advantages of Using DAP instead of Group Policies

DAP provides:

Flexible VPN policy selection criteria based on AAA or endpoint access attributes.

Tighter integration with Active Directory attributes (for example, memberOf).

Aggregation of multiple DAP policies."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa80/asdm60/ssl_vpn_deployment_guide/deploy.html#wp1169923