cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the corrrect syntax to create an alternatehostname in Unity Connection 7.X

jcompiano
Level 1
Level 1

I need to create a new certificate for tomcat to remove the SSL warnings

when users loginto Cisco PCA. When I enter set web-security alternatehostname voicemail.acme.

com

I get an error message that 4 parameters are needed and only two are found. Do I need to add existing mandatory info and if so what is the correct syntax.

thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

set web-security "organization unit" "orgnization name" "city name" "state name" "united states" "whatever name you want in the certificate"

Michael

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Must have commas or spaces worng, I am getting errors when setting this up.

admin:set web-security IT,My Company,40 Acme Street Cambridge, MA, US, voicemail.acme.com

Expected 4 mandatory and up to 2 non-mandatory parmeter(s)
but 8 parameter(s) were found
Executed command unsuccessfully
Error executing command

Parameters are separated by space.  Thus if you have space in a parameter, you should quote it with quotation marks.

Hope this helps.

Michael

I got an error indicating I used unqualified characters and quotes were not in the example. Do you have any examples?

thanks

set web-security "organization unit" "orgnization name" "city name" "state name" "united states" "whatever name you want in the certificate"

Michael

I got it working with underscores.

set web-security IT, My_Company, 40 Main_Street_Boston, MA, US, myvoicemail.com

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: