cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N VPN WITH SONIC WALL

eric.fermin
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to set up a site to site VPN using a Cisco Wrvs4400n and a sonicwall Pro 2040 enhanced, both with the latest firmware, the sonicwall shows that the tunnel is up but for some reason the linksys cisco does not want to connect, any know issues between this two divices? can anybody help me?

2 Replies 2

jbattist
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this issue before in a gateway to gateway configurtion and in those instances, the two local networks were on the same subnet.  I don't know if that is your issue, but I would just verify the 2 networks are on different subnets. (eg 192.168.1.0/24 and 192.168.2.0/24).  Also, verify the WRVS4400N is on its latest firmware version.

Also make sure that the phase 1 and phase 2 encryption is exactly the same. I would pull up both device side by side and verify both ipsec settings. I do know the key exchange timers by default are different, Also when you bring up both device and verifing settings on both device, get a second person to over look the settings too.Most likely it's a small setting that is off or mismatched.

Thanks,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: