cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VNM not in GUI after LMS 3.1-to-3.2 upgrade

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It just occurred to me that I'm missing VNM in LMS 3.2 GUI. A cursory search in the User Guide seems to indicate it should have its own portlet pane, equivalent to Campus Manager, RME, etc. I understand it's a new application. In the case of an in-place upgrade from LMS 3.1, I had chosen Custom Install with components 1,2,3,4,6,7,10. Just in case, I've re-run the LMS 3.2 setup.sh, but still do not see VNM being a selectable option.

INFO: Checking for syslog server...
INFO: Using syslog facility, local0.
Select the application(s) you want to install.
INFO: The CiscoWorks LMS applications are already installed on this machine. You can also install any of the LMS 3.2 applications for the first time.
INFO: You cannot install Device Fault Manager 3.2 and Device Fault Manager HPOV-Netview adapters 3.2 together. If you try to install both applications, Device Fault Manager HPOV-Netview adapters 3.2 will not be installed.

1) Common Services 3.3
2) LMS Portal 1.2
3) CiscoWorks Assistant 1.2
4) CiscoView 6.1.9
5) Integration Utility 1.9
6) Resource Manager Essentials 4.3
7) Campus Manager 5.2
8) Device Fault Manager HPOV-Netview adapters 3.2
9) Device Fault Manager 3.2
10) Internetwork Performance Monitor 4.2
11) All of the above
---Add-On Applications--------------------------------
12) Health and Utilization Monitor 1.2
------------------------------------------------------

Select one or more items using its number separated by comma or enter q to quit :

I do see the VNMServer process in Common Services, not on the Software Update screen:

1.Campus Manager5.2.123 Dec 2009, 15:50:15 EST
2.CiscoView6.1.923 Dec 2009, 13:30:17 EST
3.CiscoWorks Assistant1.2.023 Dec 2009, 13:30:17 EST
4.CiscoWorks Common Services3.3.023 Dec 2009, 13:30:17 EST
5.Internetwork Performance Monitor4.2.023 Dec 2009, 13:30:17 EST
6.LMS Portal1.2.023 Dec 2009, 13:30:17 EST
7.Resource Manager Essentials4.3.123 Dec 2009, 15:12:55 EST

I'm puzzled as far as how to access this new app or make it visible. Did I miss something?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VNM is a part of Campus Manager.  You should be able to register it to the portal under Common Services > Server > Homepage Admin > Application Registration.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VNM is a part of Campus Manager.  You should be able to register it to the portal under Common Services > Server > Homepage Admin > Application Registration.

Thanks. I just found it by switching the "view" from My Portal to LMS. It's registered already.

Is there any way to make it appear by default for all the users (local or ACS) from the LMS admin account, or would each user have to do it on their own?

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Each user would need to add the portal themselves to their personal portals.  It should appear by default on the LMS:Functional View.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco