cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Track and ip sla with a ASA

D0nprintup_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am familiar with the Track command to watch an IP SLA setup for routing and fail overs. The other day i noticed someones ASA confiugred with a Track command and it looked like it was used for the routing and fail-over stuff.

Can someone give me some insite on this command. I can not seem to find anything that explains it to me and give me some examples. I have a few real world issues i could resolve with a setup on the ASA.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

D0nprintup wrote:

I am familiar with the Track command to watch an IP SLA setup for routing and fail overs. The other day i noticed someones ASA confiugred with a Track command and it looked like it was used for the routing and fail-over stuff.

Can someone give me some insite on this command. I can not seem to find anything that explains it to me and give me some examples. I have a few real world issues i could resolve with a setup on the ASA.

Thanks

Yes, version 7.2(1) introduced the ability to track the reachability of a route. Have a look at the command reference which gives an example of how to use it. You should look at the following commands

sla monitor

sla monitor schedule

track

route

ASA command reference

Jon

Thank you , that is what i was looking for

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: