What's the migration path from ACS v3.3 to ACS v5.1?

Unanswered Question
Jan 5th, 2010
User Badges:

It's a standalone appliance 1112 running on ACS v3.3, how to migrate to another standalone appliance 1120 with ACS v5.1?

Does CISCO have any documents about this?

I remember I used to read an article about how to build a temp ACS v4.2 windows to help this kind of migration, could anyone help to send the doc link to me?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jrabinow Tue, 01/05/2010 - 23:18
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Your basic assumption is correct. There needs to be a two stage process where first migrate to ACS 4.2 on Windows and then from there perform migration to ACS 5.0/5.1.

When ordering ACS 5.0/ACS 5.1 the disk set includes all the software required to perform this upgrade.

Going from from 4.2 to ACS 5.0/5.1 is migration; not upgrade; since need this reads a subset of the data items from ACS 4.2 and creates them on ACS 5.0/ACS5.1. This includes the bulk objects such as devices and internal users. However, the policy configuration on ACS 5.1 needs to be performed manually since follows a very different concept.

The migration guide can be found at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/migration/guide/Migration_Book.html

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content