- Silver, 250 points or more
Here are UC500 telephony features not yet available in CCA, but configurable through CLI:
- Keep conference
- Disable call waiting tone
- Shared octo-line extensions (known to work in 7.1.3 release)
- Shared extensions spanning multiple ephone-dns
- Extension mobility
- Whisper intercom (supported in 7.1.x and 8.0.x software releases)
- Privacy and Do Not Disturb feature buttons (new feature in 8.0.0 software pack)
- Logical Partitioning Class of Restriction (new feature in 8.0.0 software pack)
- Cancel call waiting (new feature in 8.0.0 software pack)
- Multiple music on hold sources (new feature in 8.0.0 software pack)
- T.37 and T.38 fax support
Several of the above features were actually available back in 4.2.0 on the UC520, but were never exposed in current or previous versions of CCA.
Shared octo-line extensions are configured the same way as non-shared octo-line extensions, and are known to work in the 7.1.3 software pack. This feature should also behave correctly in the 8.0.0 release. Page 264 of the Cisco Configuration Assistant SBCS Administrator Guide states that shared lines cannot be configured as octo lines, whereas CME 7.1 and CME 8.0 can handle shared lines that are configured as octo lines. There is an example of shared octo lines in the Cisco Unified CME System Administrator Guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmebasic.html.
Here is an example of a shared octo-line, configured in CLI (this will work on UC500 units with an 7.1.x or 8.0.x software pack installed):
ephone-dn 30 octo-line
no call-waiting beep
number 250 secondary 19725550001 no-reg primary
label Agents (250)
preference 1 secondary 1
call-forward busy 299
call-forward noan 299 timeout 25
corlist incoming user-domestic
button 1:1 2:30
button 1:2 2:30
button 1:3 2:30
The above configuration will work on UC500 units that have the 7.1.3 or 8.0.0 release installed and have octo-line capable phones. I do know that one of the constraints of shared octo-lines is that any phones that have a shared octo-line extension have to be octo-line capable.
I already do know that several of the items in the list have already been planned to be added to future CCA releases, as they have been mentioned in other posts in the SBCS/UC500 forum in Cisco Community Central.