cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN ON 3560 SWITCH

mitra.kama
Level 1
Level 1

I am using 2mb circuit which is connected to RTS convertor(Real Time) at port G.703 and getting output from eth port, connected to sw 3560 vlan 5 at port 5 with switchport mode access and spanning tree port fast.

I am able to ping at destination but problem is the indication on sw 3560, that is continuously changingover between green and amber colour.

I tried to replace the vlan port to 6 then also getting the same indication.

whereas, in another 2mb cct with same scenario (RTS convertor + vlan 9) I am getting continuous geen light and when i am putting this cct on vlan 5 or 6 then also it is showing continuous green flickring.

what may be the reason, pl help me.

rajeev

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Rajeev,

it may be wise to set speed and duplex, the switch port may be changing from 10 to 100 Mbps and for this you see the diffeerent LED colors on the port.

full and steady green should mean 100 Mbps.

But amber led could mean disabled

Also check the logging buffer of the switch with

sh log

there should be error or event messages for the port from these messages you can understand what is happening

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for nice suggestion.

I have checked the log and found  :

"duplex mismatch discovered on Fastethernet0/5 (not full duplex), with destination _router fastethernet0 (full duplex)."

I have changed the speed and duplex  both to auto, but in real time i am getting speed at 10mbps and duplex to half,

whereas if i am setting speed to auto 100 or auto 10 100 and duplex to full, then port status turned to down. Hence geting log :

"Interface fastethernet0/5 , changed state  to down."  then eventually i have to set to previous settings i.e speed and duplex to auto which gives 10mbps and half duplex where,led flickering green and amber.

i want to know one thing  that , here two rtr are connected with RTS convertor on 2mb cct then the speed and duplex should match between convertor  and rtr or between rtr to rtr.

I have checked the speed and duplex setting in RTS convertor but i couldn't found such type of settings in that.

Hello Mitra,

try also to replace the LAN cable, sometimes a wrong cable may cause issues

if you leave the auto you get 10 Mbps half duplex but this is enough to use the lan extender

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card