Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1.3 Cluster

dave.hodgkiss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to build a subsciber node on my unity cx 7.1.3 cluster and keep getting the same error when i try to build the subscriber." NTP server inaccesible". The cx publisher doesn't have NTP configured and is set to use the internal clock. Has anyone seen this before. When i get the error all i can do is rebuild using the disk, and it fails at the same point every time.

Regards.

Dave

8 Replies 8

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hardware build or VMWare?

Hi there,

This is a pucker install on new hardware Pub is built, but the sub keeps failing. I have attached the install failure dump file.

Cheers

Dave

Hi,

This is a pucker install, i've changed the hostname on both servers and the sub install still fails the pub is fine. Attached is the dump file for the failed sub install.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

I find this a bit curious;

From ntp_validate_servers.sh.log

Looking for host 10.162.246.249 and service ntp
transmit(10.162.246.249)
transmit(10.162.246.249)
transmit(10.162.246.249)
transmit(10.162.246.249)
transmit(10.162.246.249)
10.162.246.249: Server dropped: no data

it almost looks as if the Sub can't find the Pub

Cheers!

Rob

I never have luck with with using the internal clock when building CUCM 7.x or CUC 7.x.  I always have the PUB on NTP.  Even its not the correct NTP source, I simply update it later after the cluster is set.

Hi Rob,

I thought that as well. The logs don't tell you much.

No NTP exists on the Pub.

I can ping it by hostname and IP address

Changed the hostname of the Pub just in case and it still fails.

Today i am going to rebuild the Pub and then try to build  the Sub again. Why does the install phase of the Sub try to look for an NTP source. ?

The Subs always clock of the Pub anyway.

I have never seen it do this when building CUCM 7.x

If it fails again after rebuilding both i will add an NTP source and try again. If that fails i will bang my head against a brick wall.

I have already raised a tac case, but the response i am getting is pretty poor. So i will go my own way for now :-)

Cheers

Dave

!!!!! SUCCESS !!!!!!

Originally the pub was built with the shipped dvd's to 7.1.2 and upgraded to 7.1.3. I was building the sub with the 7.1.2 shipped dvd and upgrading to 7.1.3 at the buld stage, this is when it was failing for some reason the upgrade on the build seemed to need an NTP server.

Rebuilt both boxes to 7.1.2 and it works perfectly. I will upgrade both boxes to 7.1.3 and see what happens.

Thanks for all your replies.

Cheers

Dave

Hey Dave,

Great work my friend!

Thanks for posting back with your resolution here. +5 points for

this kind gesture that will undoubtedly help others along the way

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: