Views
Helpful
Replies

C3560 - Upgrade from IP Base to IP Base K9

t.waechter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i got a C3560 with IP Base Image. Can i (free of charge) change it to IP Base K9 for SSH support? 

I did not find upgrade option beetween these two in global price list.

kind regards

Thorsten

3 Replies 3

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello Thorsten

If your device has smartnet contract, it includes IOS upgrades and maintenance.. Cisco has various levels of support, inside smartnet, and you need to get back to your service partner to clarify this....

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/iosw/prodlit/957_pp.htm#wp26529

you can have a look at this url for more info on smartnets.. i'm sure that smartnets cover ios upgrades within the same major/minor revisions, but might not include feature upgrades... you might have to check back with the partner who sold you the switch.

Hope this helps.. all the best

Raj

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Attaching a document which confirms the following:

What, then, is a feature-set upgrade and is it included in Cisco SMARTnet Support and SMARTnet Onsite?

A.

A feature-set upgrade is a separately licensed and priced software release that contains enhanced configurations and/or features

that provide additional functionality. For example, to upgrade from IP to IP/IPX feature set or IP-Base to

IP-Advance Security (new feature sets for Catalyst 17000, 2600, and 3700 series) you must purchase the upgrade. However, these

feature-set upgrades are not included in the SMARTnet Support or SMARTnet Onsite programs

Hope this helps.

Raj

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

It all depends on your contract with cisco what you have purchased for your network devices in your network.So i will suggests check your contract with cisco.

HTH

Regards

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card