cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to obtain a report from Ciscoworks LMS3.1 to detail the SNMP configuration of all devices?

burton999
Level 1
Level 1

I am about to update/standardize to secure the SNMP configuration for all devices in the network utilizing Ciscoworks.

There is likely to be variations amongst the devices. Therefore, I would like to generate one report for all the devices, capturing the SNMP configurations, is this possible?

I know how to complete the work afterwards but am struggling to produce a meaningful report that I can use to build my tasks from.

I am trying to achieve this using a particular 'role based' account via ACS, so it is possible that I don't have the permissions with this account at present which maybe why I'm not able to do it.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What might be easiest is for you to export your DCR device list to a CSV file, then open that CSV file in a spreadsheet application.  That would give you all of the device credentials including the SNMP community strings in clear text.  To do this, go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, and click the Export button.

I obtained the credentials using the method as suggested.

I also need to obtain following information in a report before synchronizing:

'snmp-server host xx.xx.xx.xx '

In addition, if you have amended the 'community string' on some devices manually (bypassing Ciscoworks) and the scheduled configuration update now fails (polling failure), what is the best way to force a manual configuration update to these changed devices?

Thanks.

Getting the SNMP trap community string is not trivial.  The reason for this is that anything which shows the configuration will have this field starred out. You can get to the value, but not in a report-like fashion.  You can, however, search the archived configs under RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Search Archive.  Assuming you know the SNMP trap receiver IP, you could search on:

snmp-server host x.x.x.x old-string

That would show you all devices that still had the old community string.

If you need to force RME to get the new config data, you can simply schedule a Sync Archive job under RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Sync Archive.  Of course, if you made the changes outside of LMS, you will need to manually update DCR with the new community string.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: