cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6921 IP Phone line text label

noname2010
Level 1
Level 1

who can provide some explaination why the line text label can not be displayed on the 6921 IP phone?

Thanks

16 Replies 16

tbergquist
Level 1
Level 1

Noname,

I believe this is due to the fact that the DN's associated to each line are not presented on the display. Instead of the line buttons being next to the display, they are located down on the right side of the phone.  On an "onhook" phone state, the display only shows your softkeys as well as the External mask of the phone in the upper right.

it sucks, means new 6921 users have to guess what their numbers are

thanks for your picture, i got same thing, frastrating cisco......

Hi,

Are there news about this issue? We are experienced the same problem and it have been pass a lot of time from the last response.

Thanks

Regards

Time doesn't change how this telephone is made, if you don't like it, replace it.

Dirk Kuiper
Level 1
Level 1

I've got the same problem and according to the user manual it should display the line text label if the phone is idle:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/6921_6941_6961/8_5/english/user_guide/phone.html#wp1009166

Line details and other phone information

During a call, displays details for the active line. If not  on a call, displays line text label and other information such as placed calls,  speed dials, and phone menu listings.

What's wrong? The manual or the phone?

Hello, did you find the solution. I am facing the same issue now.

Thanks

Andrianna358,

This is not a really a bug or defect issue.  That is the way the phone is designed.  If you need the number next to the line key you might look at the 6941* or a 7900 series phone

*RE the 6941 model.  I have not used one yet, but the line keys are up next to the display on this model so I assume it displays the DN associated to each line.

HTH,

Tim

Thanks for the info

But why on the 6921 manual says :

If not on a call, displays line text label and other information such as placed calls, speed dials, and phone menu listings.

Thanks

Andrianna

I've created a TAC SR regarding this. They contacted the development team who say it's an error in the documentation, not in the phone. The display is apparently too limited to display the line text label.

mknepper
Level 1
Level 1

Is this still the case? This is ridiculous, are we encouraging users to glue stickers on their phone of what their extension is if they have an external phone number mask set? This has been an issue, that I can see, from 2006.

Hardly from 2006 for a phone introduced in 2010.

Not an issue but a documented and visibile limitaion of the small display.

The extension will be the last digits if external number id displayed.

Right sorry, I was looking at when a user started being a member of the supportforums.

However the issue still remains that having a screen that is unable to display basic information about the phone creates implementation, support and training issues.

vipin_agc
Level 1
Level 1

I have got the same problem?? I gave users name as line text label,saved ant reseted bt not able to see in the display of phone 6921.

Please answer if need to enable some other places. my Call manager version is 9.0.1

Hi All;

When 6921 register to CME line name will appear on the screen but if it registered to CUCM the line number appear instead of line name I can not find the cause of this ??!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: