Views
Helpful
Replies

One way audio, phone proxy user to phone proxy user

mperreault
Level 1
Level 1

hello

I have several users that are using phones over asa phone proxy (ASA v8.2) and when they make calls from their phone to phones that are not on the proxy, two way audio is established. If a phone proxy user calls the phone of another phone proxy user, the call results in one way audio from the originating caller. so on the originating side, the user cannot hear the called party and also the originating caller has no recvr packets.

any ideas? i've triple checked the MTP config on the ASA phone proxy and it looks fine.

6 Replies 6

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PP cases are a little hard to troubleshoot over the forum.

Pls. check this link.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1226

one way audio is listed here.

If this link doesn't work pls. open a case with TAC.

-KS

I just spent the last 45 mins with TAC. going to upgrade to 8.2(1)(2) and retry.

case number?

Most of the times the issue with one way or no way audio is routing. Call manager on the inside will have a diff. way out to the internet besides this PP ASA.  If you are running dyanmic routing protocols (due to some known defects) it is a good idea to upgrade to the latest code in the 8.0.4.x train or 8.2.1.

-KS

vilaxmi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Could you please elaborate as to why were u asked for an upgrade (any BUGS.. on code was revealed or just an upgrade for tetsing)?

Although, SIP issues gets complicated.. if you could post the running-config of ASA , we can look into it for any possible clues.

Thanks

Vijaya

I'm with the PP solution installed, but it started to have problems related to audio, where both sides do not hear each other.

The "only" recent change in environment has been upgraded from Call Manager, going from version 6.1.4 to 7.1.5. Question, this could cause impacts on the PP? Once the PP was implemented when the MC was in the old version.

Any ideas about problem the audio in PP?

Follows topology the environment in attached.

Status ASA:

Version - 8.2 (1)

Pls. open a TAC case so we can gather captures and analyse where these audio packets are going.

-KS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: