Building an ACD on a router?

Unanswered Question
Jan 6th, 2010
User Badges:

I work for a medium-sized company that has outgrown it's current physical location.

Current environment:  Just over 2600 phones on our centralized CallManager - one sub, two pubs.  We are half-way through integrating Unity.  We have several call ques and they are all utilizing a Nortel PBX and a contact center app for their ACD's.  We will be integrating a new Contact Center - specific application as of yet undecided - that will allow us to move all ques over to VoIP and CCM.

In the meantime, back to our physical growth.  We are forced, due to space constraints to move personnel and a call que to a leased space at another location.  I have been asked to look into creating an ACD on a router for the group at that location in need of a call que as a temporary solution until our new contact center is intergrated and the pbx is gone (can't come soon enough).

I have zero experience with CME and IPCC/Unity Express or whatever they are calling it now.  Through research, I've determined that I will need both to set up this scenario.  What I don't know is where can I get resources on how to configure this?  What type of hardware will I need to support up to 50 users?  I became aware of a Cisco book, "Cisco IP Communications Express: CallManager Express with Cisco Unity Express" and looking at the chapter content, I see a lot of info on setting up AA's, but no specific mention of an ACD.  Is this the book I need to guide me through this learning experience?  Are there any addtional resources that will assist me to understand/configure this and make it integrate with our centralized CCM setup?

Any idea of the license allocation for this?

Thanks ahead of time!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
paolo bevilacqua Wed, 01/06/2010 - 13:25
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

You don't need CME for IPCC.

Considering your profile, you should get a valuable design help from your local cisco sales office, or your choosen cisco partner.

ajrussell Wed, 01/06/2010 - 13:40
User Badges:

Ultimately, I will do that but would like a little background to have an idea of what they are going to suggest.  I guess I could have made this much more simple by just asking what I would need to set up an ACD for 40 users and what type of documentation I can read to teach me about it.  Thanks!

paolo bevilacqua Thu, 01/07/2010 - 15:26
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

IPCC Express, read the documentation online.

Actions

This Discussion