Views
Helpful
Replies

Load Balancing VPN traffic

dumlutimuralp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Id like to install  two ASA5540s in an active active configuration. Im not gonna use security contexts because it is said that VPN is not supported in this mode. So I will setup a Cisco CSS in front of these two ASAs. In this configuration, guess I have to install both ASAs as standadlone boxes and will have to configıure them seperately, right ?

Is there any way to configure both of these ASAs simultaneously through one ASDM GUI ?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe B Danford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to configure the ASAs as standalone for this. You can use ASDM to manage more than one device in a seperate instance if that makes sense.

Why not use ASA VPN Load Balancing with no CSS needed? This will distrbute the load and is also scalable should you add more devices in the future. Here is a link on it

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/vpnsysop.html#wp1048834

Thanks,

Joe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe B Danford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to configure the ASAs as standalone for this. You can use ASDM to manage more than one device in a seperate instance if that makes sense.

Why not use ASA VPN Load Balancing with no CSS needed? This will distrbute the load and is also scalable should you add more devices in the future. Here is a link on it

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/vpnsysop.html#wp1048834

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,

thanks a lot. In fact Ive been going through the same subject that you mentioned.

About your answer using ADSM, what if I change like many VPN groups on ASA#1 and would like to have ASA# receive those config changes automatically ? (No way ? right   , have to configure everything twice ?)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: