Loosing Called number information at script start

Unanswered Question
Jan 6th, 2010

My application is such that I need to know what number was dialed to reach the script.

I will have multiple translations patters all forwareding to the same IPCC script Route Point.

When the script executes I loose the origional dialed number information, even though i have the "Forward called number" box checked in the Route Point.

All the variables in the "Get Call Contact Info" step show the "called" number as the Route point number (e.g. 7301 and not 888-111-2222 the number that got translated to 7301?

Where did my number Go ?!?!?!? and how do I get it back !!!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (2 ratings)
Marwan ALshawi Wed, 01/06/2010 - 18:08

when the call reaches UCCX

UCCX see it as its dialing the trigger umber of the CTI application

you can get details about CTIs and other extension in CCM by using CDR reporting

good luck

if helpful Rate

Jonathan Schulenberg Fri, 01/08/2010 - 06:53

A translation pattern starts a new call within UCM in a manner of speaking. You will not see pre-transformed information in this scenario.

This is also a bad idea because you run the risk of causing a race condition within CCX. The server checks the dialed number against all configured triggers any time you perform a call transfer or redirect within a CCX script. If the dialed number is not a trigger, CCX cannot properly handle UCM routing the call back to the CCX server. Essentially, when you transfer a call to a number that immediately routes back to CCX (translation pattern, Call Forward, etc), it breaks CCX.

The correct solution to this is to add all of the pre-translated numbers as triggers on CCX.

kkelly Fri, 01/08/2010 - 07:29

I get what you are saying and it makes sense for calls the need to return.

My calls would either be forwared off the a user extension ---> answer --> or no answer ---> Voice Mail

or forwared off the a VM server to seconday autoattendant function, never to return to CCX.  The VM system will have to handle no answers, errors, etc.

To use individual script Rout poitns I would need over 500+ scripts to service my organization.  And that sounds like a lot of scripts and RP to handle

Edward Umansky Fri, 01/08/2010 - 11:06

What number is the phone company sending you as the DNIS? Is the full 10-digit dialed number (e.g. 888-111-2222) or a shortened code?

Isaac Romero Wed, 02/02/2011 - 09:56

Hi, I have exactly the same problem as you...

The only thing I have think about is to modify in the Translation Pattern the calling number to the "Called Number" and then you can get it on the UCCX script... but the end user will get a fake calling number when the call is transferred, so it doesn't seem to be a valid workaround.

Did you get another solution?

kkelly Wed, 02/02/2011 - 10:59

I did get it to work to my satisification.

I created a CIT Route Point where its Extension number was the phone number being called (9055551212 for example)

In the DN configuration I configured it to "Forward All" to the IPCC extension of the script your using.

In the script, I used the "Get Call Contact Info" Step and the variable "Origional Called Number " contains the DN programmed to CIT Route Point.

I believe there maybe some cavets to doing it this way, but so far under non heavy call loads the process seems to work fine.

Isaac Romero Thu, 02/03/2011 - 00:55

Hi Kevin,

I opened a case in PDI and they told me to create a CTI RP for each PSTN number and then also create an UCCX application for every PSTN number... which for me is impossible since we have more than 500 PSTN numbers... so I think it is better your solution because this way we only have one UCCX application and all CTI RP forwarded to the same trigger.

This Discussion