Forward on Busy

Answered Question
Jan 6th, 2010

The other day one of our applications exceeded the number of CTI ports configured and callers briefly received the dreaded fast busy.  I have allocated 20 CTI ports and I would like the 21st caller to get redirected to a Unity Voice Mailbox now.  I see the options for forwarding to a voice mailbox but have been unable to find any documentation other than the brief blurbs on pages 131-132 of the admin guide for UCCX 7.01. I've tried configuring the trigger number to forward to voicemail but continue to receive a fast busy during testing. TAC has basically told me that it is not possible but I have seen some threads on here that discuss exactly what I'm trying to accomplish yet the posts don't have a general outline of how to accomplish this.  I know it's also mentioned in the UCCX 7.01 manual so believe this is possible.  Is this something that needs to be performed on the RP on UCM or can this be configured in UCCX ? - our vendor who initially installed our UCCX system told us never to modify the RP information directly through UCM interface but to always do it via UCCX appadmin.  If anyone can shed light on this I'd greatly appreciate it.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Chris Deren about 6 years 9 months ago

Simply configure the cti route point to forward on busy/no answer/failure to the VM extension.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Marwan ALshawi Wed, 01/06/2010 - 18:05

you may be able to use a trick using the CRS script editor but this need someone with knowledge and experience with CCX scripting

not sure if you have this skill or not to give you ideas that might help !!

tim.moomaw Thu, 01/07/2010 - 05:16

Well although I'm relatively new to UCCX I believe that if all CTI ports assigned to an application/call control group are utilized then the call won't even hit the respective script - someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  I think the "forward on busy" needs to be configured on the RP on UCM - I'm going to have our UCM admin configure the RP today and I'll test it out.

this thread is the most relevant to what I'm trying to accomplish and it does mention configuring the RP on UCM:

Update: I guess the thread referenced above was for earlier versions of CRS/UCM in which you needed or could modify the RP on UCM.  I did modify the RP on UCM 7.1(2a) but it just reverts after modifying the trigger on UCCX 7.01.  Anyways I have presented this question to our consultant and will see what they come back with as I just keep getting a fast busy once all the ports are utilized.

Correct Answer
Chris Deren Thu, 01/07/2010 - 11:17

Simply configure the cti route point to forward on busy/no answer/failure to the VM extension.

tim.moomaw Thu, 01/07/2010 - 11:28

Yes - I got it working basically as mentioned above.  Since I was testing internally I had to configure the "Forward Busy Internal" in UCM. /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

This Discussion