cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on UC540 and managing a 7915 side car through CCA (unable to show names, only extensions)

amarranca
Level 1
Level 1

Im currently configuring a 7915 side car on a UC540 system through the CCA and Im unable to list employee names on the side car buttons, only extensions.

When I configure the side car buttons as monitor buttons I then choose the extension from the drop down list and once that is complete it auto populates the label field as well.  The label field is acutally grayed out and Im unable to change it. Does anyone know why this would be?  The side car is for a receptionist who would be monitoring when a user is on a call or not and being able to transfer calls directly to their phone.  Granted everything does work just fine but it would be incrediblly difficult for a receptionist to remember everyones extension instead of being able to push a button next to their name.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

In example, I would need to change the label for Bob when I am configuring Bob's phone.  The change would show up on the monitor.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

You can try editing the labels on those users extensions.  That should update the field you are looking at. 

The label could be...

Bob 201

Ann 202

Chris 203

etc.

The label field is basically grayed out and not editable once an extension is chosen.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

In example, I would need to change the label for Bob when I am configuring Bob's phone.  The change would show up on the monitor.

Thank you Steve, that worked.