cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

switch 3560v2

elix_aaron
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I have a trouble with a cisco 7910 phone, It doesnt work when I connect it in a Swtich 3560v2 port. I think its about power supply standar. Can somebody helps to me please?

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you provide more information?

What happens when you plug your phone to the switch port?
What is the IOS version?
What is the exact model of your switch?

Yes.

C3560V2-24PS-S

Sorry, At last i got the ios version.

c3560-ipbase-mz.122-50.SE1/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-50.SE1.bin

thanks

When I Plug the phone to the Switch,  The Phone is not Powered.

Can you post the config of your switch as well as the output of the "sh power inline"?

Thanks for answering

Not sure if your last reply meant that you found the problem or not, but the phone should be supported by your switch. Cisco's PoE Requirements FAQ mentions that the 7910 uses Cisco Prestandard PoE, but the Data Sheet for the 3560v2 shows support for Prestandard PoE, so the phone should work. Check the running-configuration for the port you are plugging into and make sure that something like "power inline never" is not present. If this is present, it will stop the switch from providing power on that port. Also, check "show power inline" to make sure the switch recognizes that it is capable of delivering power to the phone- if you have other PoE devices connected, the switch could be out of power for PoE devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: