I have a couple of questions regarding the best approach to designing a WLAN that will need to support both 802.11n and legacy clients (while maintaining the highest possible performance for the 802.11n clients). We will be utilizing a WLC 4400 with 1142 and 1252 access points.
Below is a quick summary of the features I intend to use.
- Configure a single WLAN/SSID for the entire network
- Enable 802.11n on just the 802.11a radios
- Disable 802.11n on the 802.11b/g radios
- Configure 802.11n clients to connect only using 5Ghz
- Utilize AP Groups throughout the network to limit the size of wireless subnets. All of these AP Groups will be mapped to the single WLAN/SSID.
Is there anything I have overlooked? Will this achieve the appropriate separation of 802.11n from legacy clients so that the 802.11n clients can perform at their best? Do I instead need to configure a separate SSID for the 802.11n clients?
Thanks for you help,