I need your suggestions over following details.
Brief Overview of network:
- Our network is pure level-3 level ISP backbone network. It is comprissed of mostly Cisco GSRs, 6500 & 7600 series devices.
- IGP used in network is OSPF only and all the links used in backbone network are 10Gige & 1 Gige Ethernet only.
- All edge and core routers in our network are receiving full internet routes through BGP but not redistributed in OSPF.
- There are multiple leaf areas conneced to backbone area and each area is comprised of almost 10-25 devices.
- There is huge database of OSPF and the timers used in OSPF are default.
- Few days back we faced link flap multiple times on one of our backbone router, which caused reconvergence of entire OSPF database. This convergernce took a long while because of huge OSPF database.
- In order to achieve faster and stable convergence we are looking to fine tune OSPF timers using OSPF SPF/LSA throttling with default parameters.
Need suggestion, if it is recommended to implement OSPF SPF and LSA throttling in core backbone network of level-3 size ISP and what are the suggested values, which can be used when entire backbone is based on 1/10Gige ethernet links.